Tech News – March 26th 2012 to March 28th 2012
Tech news – March 26th 2012 to March 28th 2012:
- From Twitter – RT @gbatuyong Government Data Web APIs vs. Bulk Data Files http://t.co/fjFKwJ2Q #gov20 #ogov #opengov #OpenData
- From Twitter – http://t.co/lVfhlk31 How to Set Up VPN for Windows Home Server 2011
- From Twitter – RT @BetaKit Curating Lists of Local Places With Urbantag http://t.co/ba93vCpI via @betakit by @erinbury
- How Ghana Is Using Social Media to Promote Voter Registration –
- Sonia PaulGhana’s general elections are coming up this December, and to help streamline the voter registration process, the country is now implementing its first-ever biometric voter registration — in other words, using fingerprint technology to help verify identity. Ghana is also using social media to publicize the process, correct misconceptions and increase overall attention about the upcoming elections.
The non-partisan project Ghana Decides, launched on March 24, “aims to foster a better informed el… show all text
- Daily Dot | A Pinterest spammer tells all –
Pinterest is "by far the easiest social network to spam," says one spammer who makes $1,000 a day off the site.
- Google Drive: Finally coming this April — Cloud Computing News –
- Om MalikGoogle’s online storage service, rumored to be called GDrive is like the wolf in the fable, The Boy Who Cried Wolf. Well, after long history of false alarms, the storage drive might just see the day in early April, according to my well placed sources familiar with company’s plans. I say might, just because of Google’s history with the Google Drive.
The rumors of Google’s Gdrive first emerged in 2006 and then in 2007 via The Wall Street Journal. Nothing came of those rumors. Two years later, same show all text
- Watch Live Baseball Online, Stream MLB Games with MLB.TV | MLB.com: Subscriptions –
Watch live streaming Major League Baseball games online all season long with MLB.TV. All baseball games available in HD quality with pause and rewind functionality, stats and line scores.
- Who wants a great engineering team in Bucharest? Please help me spread the word Loic Le Meur –
- loicYou might have heard that this week, after having tried for months to keep the entire team of my company Seesmic I had to let go about half of it (also here and here)…
Here is a great group of engineers for mobile (Android, iOS and WP7), backend and QA engineers that I have enjoyed working with for a long time and would recommend to anyone. They are all hard working, dedicated and very good. They are very experimented on the main social networks (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn) and Salesforce APIs… show all text
- Schneier on Security: Congressional Testimony on the TSA –
- Current.org | Andy Carvin, virtual correspondent, 2012 –