What I’m reading and finding for January 2nd 2012 through January 5th 2012:
- From Twitter – Give your Android device instant access to all your Wi-Fi spots | TechRepublic http://t.co/HjZbEHcA
- From Twitter – http://t.co/lNDYy0nh Microsoft Secures Patent for Game Console DVRs
- IFTTT, A Glue Gun For Sticking The Web Together, Raises $1.5M Seed Round From Top Investors | TechCrunch-
- Eric EldonWant to instantly save all your Instagram photos to Dropbox when you take them? What about automatically updating your Twitter profile when you update your Facebook profile? Or, what about sharing any article you read in Read It Later to Twitter and Facebook, staggered by time via Buffer? A small bootstrapped startup called If This Then That has abstracted a simple set of tools to help you do each of these things, and many more.
And now it’s raised a big seed round of more than $1.5 million from show all text
- Nobody Goes to Facebook Anymore. It’s Too Crowded. « Uncrunched-
- Michael ArringtonA year ago Steven Levy suggested that Facebook should give us each a single “friend-list do-over.”
A lot of commenters challenged him. “Grow some balls and just unfriend people,” said one of the more even tempered readers. Another – “These comments are too constructive. Someone should just call this guy an idiot.”
Steven probably didn’t see that criticism coming, because he probably assumed people understand how difficult it is to unfriend people on Facebook at any sort of scale. You have to fi… show all text
- Google’s Jaw-Dropping Sponsored Post Campaign For Chrome-
- Danny SullivanGoogle, the company that has been fighting against paid links and “thin” content, seems to be behind a campaign that’s generating both on behalf of its Chrome browser. File this under “what were they thinking.” “This Post Sponsored By Google” Aaron Wall… Please visit Search Engine Land for the full article.
- Code Year-