What I’m reading and finding for July 27th 2011 through July 29th 2011:
- Obama Loses 36,000+ Twitter Followers in #Compromise Campaign [STATS]-
- Adam OstrowPresident Obama created a barrage of activity on Twitter on Friday afternoon when he began urging his more than 9 million followers to tweet at their Republican Congressmen to “ask them to support a bipartisan solution to the deficit crisis.”
The @BarackObamaaccount then proceeded to tweet out the Twitter handles of Republican Congressmen state-by-state. The account has also been making use of the hashtag #compromise in an effort to drive home the message of bipartisanship.
The results so far … show all text
- Cancer Survivors Build Social Network For Social Good-
- Jon MitchellThe social Web has a tendency to fold in on itself. Shortly after the launch of Google Plus, for example, users began to complain that it was only being used to talk about Google Plus. Drew Olanoff, currently the community manager for Get Satisfaction, would prefer that social networks revolved around their people instead of themselves. After being diagnosed with Hodgkin’s lymphoma in 2009, Olanoff built his experience into a Web phenomenon that offered connections, support, and some hopeful le… show all text
- From Twitter – http://tinyurl.com/3wfrzx6 Microsoft Releases Camera Raw Codec Pack for Windows 7
- Twitter Blog: Timely Tweets: Now easier to see-
- twitterWe all come to Twitter to connect with the latest information on the topics and people we care about. So when we decide to follow a favorite brand, business or charitable organization, we expect to be among the first to get a special announcement, access to exclusive content or a great offer. That’s why starting today, we’re introducing a way to ensure that the most important Tweets from the organizations you follow reach you directly, by placing them at or near the top of your timeline. These… show all text
- Sophomore Slump? One Month In, Google+ Sees A Traffic Minus | TechCrunch-
- MG SieglerTomorrow, it will be exactly a month since Google+ was first unveiled. In that short amount of time, they’ve managed to sign up well north of 10 million users, which is amazing. Of course, the easiest path to tens of million of users is to start with hundreds of millions of users. Just ask Buzz or Wave. Still, kudos to Google — phase one of G+ was clearly a success.
Now comes the hard part. Keeping those users around and engaged.
Some numbers today released by Experian Hitwise suggest that Goog… show all text
- The Moment Of Truth For Airbnb As User’s Home Is Utterly Trashed | TechCrunch-
- Michael ArringtonUntil now everything has been just great for Airbnb, a service that lets people rent out their homes and become a sort of mini-hotel. The company launched in 2008 and has grown rapidly. They’ve been cloned by the Germans, which is always a mark of success. And they’re now a part of the billion dollar valuation club. Even the clone raised $90 million.
Which is all super great. But now the story of a trusting Airbnb user who’s had her home sacked (it’s the only way to describe it) is starting to … show all text