What I’m reading and finding for December 6th 2011 through December 10th 2011:
- Apple Made A Deal With The Devil (No, Worse: A Patent Troll) | TechCrunch-
- Jason KincaidOver the last two years, Apple has been engaged in vicious legal battles over smartphone patents, many of which are aimed at squelching (or squeezing money out of) manufacturers of devices running Android. And now, for some reason, it has given valuable patents to a patent troll — which is using them to sue many of the top technology companies in the world.
Meet Digitude Innovations, a firm based in Virginia that recently filed suit with the International Trade Commission alleging patent infrin… show all text
- The diagnosis – Boing Boing-
- Xeni JardinI have breast cancer. A week ago, I had breast cancer, and the week before that, and the week before that. Maybe five, eight, even ten years ago, the first bad cell split inside me, secretly. But I didn’t know. This is how I arrived at knowing.
Two friends of mine were recently diagnosed. When news of the first came, I felt sadness. When news of the second came a few weeks ago, I felt a different kind of shock. I’d never had a mammogram. Even though I was ten years younger than the time they say show all text
- A Twitter for My Sister – NYTimes.com-
- By NICK BILTONNon-techies find the @ and # symbols on Twitter don’t make much sense. So the company had to figure out a way to keep the site running for people who are more technologically adept and rely on these symbols but also work seamlessly for those who think these characters are substitutes for swear words in comics.
- Air France 447 Flight-Data Recorder Transcript – What Really Happened Aboard Air France 447 – Popular Mechanics-
Two years after the Airbus 330 plunged into the Atlantic Ocean, Air France 447′s flight-data recorders finally turned up. The revelations from the pilot transcript paint a surprising picture of chaos in the cockpit that led to the crash.
- From Twitter – Science Exchange provides a way to outsource and manage experiments. http://t.co/xbHmbCw6
- From Twitter – Amazon retail stores? Interesting read from +Jason Calacanis http://t.co/D2Wcxrq8
- From Twitter – Cores reveal when Dead Sea ‘died’ http://t.co/aona1pSG