What I’m reading and finding for July 12th 2011 through July 14th 2011:
- The Problem With Silicon Valley Is Itself – TNW Entrepreneur-
- Hermione WayAs a Brit who gave up cheerleading the European tech scene to make the pilgrimage to Silicon Valley to live, eat and breath the world’s leading hub for technology startup innovation, I’ve been largely unimpressed and disappointed by the quality of startups here.
Living in San Francisco since January, I’ve interviewed around two hundred startups and there’s only two, out of two hundred, I think are game changers. Now, don’t get me wrong, Silicon Valley is an incredibly inspiring place to be. Eve… show all text
- Make the Google +1 Button Load Faster – Tip for developers.
- A Beginner’s Guide to Google Analytics 5 -
- Dropbox Raising Massive Round at a $5B-Plus Valuation | TechCrunch-
- Sarah LacyWe’ve heard from multiple sources that Dropbox is finally moving on raising its next venture round and it’s a whopper. They’ve had preliminary conversations with several investors, several solid offers they’ve passed on earlier this year and are meeting with investment banks to handle the offering now. Allen & Co. is said to be in the mix, but we’ve also heard nothing has been finalized.
The real news are the numbers we’re hearing from multiple sources close to the company. Dropbox is looking to show all text
- Digg Raises An Inside Venture Round | TechCrunch-
- Michael ArringtonDigg has raised a new round of financing, we’ve confirmed. It’s an inside round, meaning one or more existing investors put in the money.
We’ve heard the amount raised was single digit millions, probably around $5 million. CEO Matt Williams has confirmed the financing to us, but won’t give an exact number on the amount raised.
The real question is around the terms of the deal. Digg’s last round in 2008 valued the company at $150 million post money. But that was a long time ago, and Digg’s influ… show all text
- Cloud.com | Open Source Cloud Computing-
Cloud.com is now part of Citrix Systems a leading provider of virtual computing solutions that help people work and play from anywhere on any device.