What I’m reading and finding for December 3rd 2011 through December 6th 2011:
- CATS 1, KIDS 0 | Regretsy-
- Helen KillerAs you know, we have been trying to buy Christmas presents for kids in the Regretsy community.
We took many applications, vetted them carefully and set about creating a giant gift exchange program, where you could buy a gift for the over 200 children we’re helping.
We raised so much money that we found ourselves in a position of not just being able to send toys, but to send a monetary gift to the families as well. We hoped it might help them make their holiday dinners more special, or maybe pay… show all text
- From Twitter – Amazing set of macro-photographs of insects. http://t.co/PmPgwV08
- Klout, My Story & Why Opting Out Was My Only Choice | Liz Strauss at Successful Blog-
- ME Liz StraussIt’s My StoryWhen I was growing up, what we knew about each other wasn’t called data. It was called interaction, stories, and information. It came in the form of experience and shared events, gossip and oral history, and reports and report cards. Not every story told about us was unbiased, accurate, or even true.
In my youngest years, my dad taught me three guiding principles about such stories:
Don’t believe anything you hear and only half of what you see.
Consider the reliability of the so… show all text
- From Twitter – Facebook Utterly Dominates Web Referrals. Article by Larry Seltzer. http://t.co/2PdrOIan
- The New Digital Divide-
- By SUSAN P. CRAWFORDMost Americans can get online. But too many can’t afford high-speed access.
- Firefox faces uncertain future as Google deal apparently ends | ZDNet-
- Ed BottIt hasn’t been a good year for Firefox. Mozilla has lost share to Google, it’s lost the loyalty of enterprise customers, and it’s lost key talent. And a deal with Google that supplied 84% of its revenue last year was scheduled to end in November. Can Firefox avoid a slide into irrelevance?
- From Twitter – 3d printer helps grow new bones http://t.co/HY4GF1Jf