New and notable for February 3rd 2012 through February 5th 2012
What I’m reading and finding for February 3rd 2012 through February 5th 2012:
- Apple’s iPhone Business Alone Is Now Bigger Than All Of Microsoft-
- Henry BlodgetTech writer MG Siegler just noted a remarkable fact:
Apple’s iPhone business alone is now bigger than Microsoft.
Not Windows. Not Office. Microsoft.
Think about that.
The iPhone did not exist five years ago. And now it’s bigger than a company that, 15 years ago, was dragged into court and threatened with forcible break-up because it had amassed an unassailable and unthinkably profitable monopoly.
The iPhone also appears to be considerably more profitable than Microsoft.
In the December quarter,… show all text
- From Twitter – Font for people with dyslexia? I had no idea. http://t.co/N2lt42ev
- A Foot in the Door in Silicon Valley-
- By CLAIRE CAIN MILLER and NICK BILTONIn Silicon Valley, wearing flashy socks is more than an expression of your personality. It signals that you are part of the in crowd.
- Komen apologizes for ‘recent decisions,’ pledges to continue funding Planned Parenthood | The Scoop | dallasnews.com-
- Tom Benning / ReporterUPDATE, 12:32 p.m.Cecile Richards, president of Planned Parenthood, said during a Friday conference call that her understanding of Komen’s announcement is that it’s a complete reversal of the decision to bar funding to her group.
“It’s quite clear that Planned Parenthood and our health centers and our doctors are eligible now to work with Komen foundation again,” Richards said, before adding that she hasn’t actually talked to Komen leaders about the decision. “I certainly take them at their wor… show all text
- From Twitter – CalCheck Calendar Checking Tool for Outlook http://t.co/1M1FE1Br
- From Twitter – ZipKord A Better Car Charger http://t.co/vfqAEfmr
- From Twitter – (Maximum PC | Motherboard Price Hikes Rumored to be Just Around the Corner) http://t.co/vCIZmK0z