It is no secret that I love Evernote. I use it to keep track or and remember all kinds of things. On of my favorite things to do is come up with new ways to use it. Having that secret email address is a wonderful thing and makes it dead simple to save off link shares from Google+. You may not yet be using Google+ but you will be soon so here is how to get this done:
- Open Evernote and click Tools –> Account Info
- Here you will see your special evernote email address, copy it down (hint: right click on it and click copy)
- Now go to Google+ and, under ‘In your Circles’ on the right, click ‘view and edit’
- Click on the first circle on the left to create a new one
- Name your Circle Evernote or some other short name
- Click ‘Create Circle with 1 member’
Now, when ever you want to save something to Evernote you simply share it with that one Circle. This has the side benefit of also having all these articles in your Evernote Circle on Google+ kind of like a bookmark but also letting you share them with your larger audience after you read the article and find it worth sharing.