Tech News – November 5th 2012 to November 7th 2012
Tech news – November 5th 2012 to November 7th 2012:
- Election 2012: Why you can’t vote online yet – Nov. 6, 2012-
Countries like Canada, Norway and Australia have adopted online voting for elections, but the battle rages on in the U.S.
- America: Elect! The action-packed journey to US election day in graphic novel form | World news | guardian.co.uk-
It’s been a long – really long – campaign, one full of twists and turns, gaffes and memes. Catch up on the story so far
- Mary Meeker Gives Mid-Year Internet Trends Report: Android Adoption Ramping Up 6X Faster Than iPhone | TechCrunch-
KPCB partner Mary Meeker usually publishes her famed Internet Trends report once a year, but gave a small San Francisco crowd a mid-year update tonight. The b..
- S Africa issues new Mandela bank notes – Africa – Al Jazeera English-
The new notes feature the anti-apartheid icon, who spent 27 years in jail for his opposition to white-minority rule.
- AT&T Nokia Lumia 920 launches on November 9th for $99, Lumia 820 for $49 | The Verge-
- Tom WarrenAT&T has unveiled its final pricing and launch dates for its range of Windows Phone 8 devices. Nokia’s Lumia 920 will be made available on AT&T for $99.99 on November 9th, with pre-orders starting on November 7th. Nokia’s Lumia 820 will also launch on AT&T on November 9th for $49.99, with pre-orders on November 7th.
AT&T also confirmed its HTC Windows Phone 8X pricing. The handset will launch at $199.99 for a 16GB version and $99.99 for an 8GB version, both will be available before thanksgiving. show all text
- Amazon Offers $8/Month Prime Subscriptions, Great for Shipping and Streaming Just Over the Holidays-
Amazon took the wraps off of an $8/month subscription plan for Amazon Prime Memberships today, offering unlimited Amazon Video On-Demand streaming (of select titles), free 2-day shipping, and access to thousands of Kindle books and the Kindle Lending Library. The monthly plan is ideal for people who only want it for a few months—like people looking for free shipping over the holidays. Be warned though: Keep it for too long and you’ll pay a premium over just buying a year in advance.
- Foursquare Adds Some “Magic” To Its Explore Functionality In iOS, And It’s A Completely Fresh Approach | TechCrunch-
- Drew OlanoffWhen Foursquare introduced the new web version of its “Explore” functionality for those who visit its homepage, we knew that something was up. This was absolutely the “new” Foursquare built on top of all the data that we’ve provided the service for years and years. You see, check-ins, tips and social connections tell many stories.
Today, the Foursquare iOS app got an update to tell you a new story — a list of places to go based on where you and your friends actually like to go. Until now, the E… show all text
- Hands-On With Instagram’s New Profile Pages-
- Christina WarrenInstagram Profile
The Instaram Profile is a smart mixture between the Instagram mobile app and Facebook’s Timeline.
Click here to view this gallery.Earlier today, Instagram started rolling out new web profile pages for its users. The profiles bear a striking resemblance to Facebook Timeline and act as a great way to explore the digital snapshots of Instagram brands and users.
Profiles won’t be rolled out to all users until later this week but Mashable got early access and decided to t… show all text
- Cloud Security: A Round Up Of Prominent Highlights Across The Planet | CloudTweaks-
- JohnCloud Security: A Round Up Of Prominent Highlights Across The Planet
Though cloud security is a mandate that is heartfelt across the world, its approach in continents is as diverse as the cultures therein. Still, one can trace some parallel lines in what each of the global demarcations are offering that can eventually lead to a global consensus. As Africa emphasizes on user-supplier mutual playoff to prevent data compromise, the Asian bloc is heading the way with a range of conferences to talk … show all text