Tech News – November 1st 2012
Tech news – November 1st 2012
Spokesperson for Lucasfilm tells THR the majority of the sale price will go toward educational philanthropy.
- As NY floods, “Robin Hood” Uber robs from the rich and… Nope, that’s about it | PandoDaily-
- Paul CarrLast week, I wrote a few words on Uber CEO Travis Kalanick, his love of Ayn Rand, and how Silicon Valley’s growing Randian obsession risks turning “Disruptive” companies into raging assholes.
Judging by the volume of responses — here on PandoDaily, on Twitter, and by email — I was far from alone in my concerns. Surprisingly, even people close to the company chimed in, privately of course, to share their mounting alarm at the direction Uber is heading, particularly with regards to Kalanick’s war… show all text
- Election Forecasts – FiveThirtyEight Blog – NYTimes.com-
FiveThirtyEight is devoted to rigorous analysis of politics, polling, public affairs, sports, science and culture, largely through statistical means.
- Post Hurricane Sandy Tech Volunteer Sign-Up-
- Comcast offering free Wi-Fi hotspots-
Comcast owns and operates thousands hotspots in Pa., NJ, Del., Md., DC, Va., W.Va., Mass., NH and Maine
- Reimagining the “Other” Windows – The Official Microsoft Blog – Site Home – TechNet Blogs-
News and Perspective covering the top stories, events and activities from Microsoft. The content for this blog includes the official information and stories from all of Microsoft’s primary businesses.
- No Rat Exodus Reported From NYC Tunnels. Millions Of Them Likely Drowned – Forbes-
No reports of rodent packs roaming the streets and coursing into apartment buildings have hit the wires (yet). The waters likely rushed into tunnels and crevices so fast that the rats had no time to escape and many of them died.
- Facebook Shares Drop 5 Percent As Employee Lockup Expires | TechCrunch-
At market opening today, Facebook took another hit, with shares trading at 20.94, 5.02 percent below Friday’s level, the last day trades were made since..
- Uber Kills Surge Pricing In NYC For Customers, Drivers Paid 2X Rate To Meet Post-Sandy Demand | TechCrunch-
With the subway system down for the count in the wake of mega-storm Sandy, it’s very, very tough to get around New York City today. And this morning, peo..