Tech News – October 25th 2012
Tech news – October 25th 2012
- BetaKit » Square Takes First International Step With Mobile Payments Launch in Canada-
- Erin BuryToday mobile payments startup Square announced its first international launch in Canada, days after signing a lease for a new office space in San Francisco to house what will be a 1,000-strong U.S. team by the end of 2013. There has been much speculation about when Square would expand internationally, especially since competitors like Europe’s iZettle have been heating up, with that company expanding its $31.4 million in Series B funding this week.
Square’s founder and former Twitter co-founder… show all text
Social media is no longer the domain of solely the left, liberal youth, but instead empower different agendas.
- Why we buy into ideas: how to convince others of our thoughts | The Buffer blog: productivity, life hacks, writing, user experience, customer happiness and business.-
- Iris ShoorThis is a guestpost by Iris Shoor, co-founder and VP Product and marketing at Takipi, more about Iris at the bottom of the post.If you think about it, each one of us has different natural and acquired capabilities. Some of us learn new languages quickly, some are more social than others while some remember the face of each person they’ve come across. These strengths determine how we think and make decisions. Yes, this is probably obvious – different people think in different ways.
And yet the show all text
Google announced today that marketers and advertisers promoting iOS applications can now monitor conversions – meaning app downloads – using Google’s AdW..
- In Cyberattack on Saudi Firm, U.S. Sees Iran Firing Back-
- By NICOLE PERLROTHAmerican officials believe a virus unleashed on an oil giant was a return volley in a conflict begun by the United States and Israel with software that targeted Iran’s centrifuges.