Tech News – October 21st 2012 to October 22nd 2012
Tech news – October 21st 2012 to October 22nd 2012:
- Peter Gabriel Asks Facebook Fans to Recreate ‘Sledgehammer’ –
- Brian Anthony HernandezMusician Peter Gabriel wants people to recreate scenes from “Sledgehammer,” his popular 1986 stop-motion music video, via an interactive Facebook tab.
More About: Entertainment, Music, Peter Gabriel, Social Media, celebrities
- Genealogy, Family Trees & Family History Records at Ancestry.com –
Discover your family history and start your family tree. Try free and access billions of genealogy records including Census, SSDI & Military records.
- Cloud Expo Commercial –
- Jordan ‘foils major al-Qaeda plot’ – Middle East – Al Jazeera English –
Jordanian intelligence has arrested 11 men alleged to have planned bomb and mortar attacks on Western targets.
- Cuba’s Castro appears in public – Americas – Al Jazeera English –
Cuban revolutionary leader has reappeared for first time in months at a Havana hotel, refuting rumours that he was ill.
- NoPhoto Prevents Speeding, Red Light Cameras From Catching You [VIDEO] –
- Anita LiFor better or for worse, dodging speeding tickets just got a little easier with noPhoto, a smart license frame that prevents traffic enforcement cameras from taking photos of your license plate.
How does it work? The Cincinnati-based company behind noPhoto says it makes the license plate portion of the image "too bright for the camera's sensor to handle." First, a sensor detects a flash from a red light or speeding camera; it then triggers two flashes that jam the traffic camera, according to n… show all text
- Some advice from Jeff Bezos by Jason Fried of 37signals –
- Jason FriedJeff Bezos stopped by our office yesterday and spent about 90 minutes with us talking product strategy. Before he left, he spent about 45 minutes taking general Q&A from everyone at the office.
During one of his answers, he shared an enlightened observation about people who are “right a lot”.
He said people who were right a lot of the time were people who often changed their minds. He doesn’t think consistency of thought is a particularly positive trait. It’s perfectly healthy — encouraged, e… show all text
- Post-Facebook IPO: What VCs Are Looking For In The Next Great Social Network | TechCrunch –
- Joe MedvedEditor’s note: Joe Medved, a partner at SoftBank Capital, focuses on early-stage consumer and enterprise mobile, social marketing, gaming, and commerce investments. He serves on the boards of BestVendor, CrowdTwist, Jump Ramp Games and Thumb. SoftBank Capital’s other investments include BuzzFeed, Buddy Media, The Huffington Post and Omgpop. You can follow Joe on Twitter @joevcor read his blog at www.joemedved.com.
As recent doubts have been cast upon Facebook in response to its stock market di… show all text
- How Do Tech Corporations See You? [SUNDAY COMICS] –
- Charlie WhiteOur friends Nitrozac and Snaggy at The Joy of Tech have detected distinct ways tech corporations treat their customers.
More About: Facebook, Google, RIM, Sunday Comics, The Joy of Tech, Twitter, apple, microsoft, trending
- A Nightmare on Park Avenue –
- By GINIA BELLAFANTEWe are now in the era of the “hedge-fund Halloween,” aggressively evident on the Upper East Side, where ostentatiously ghoulish décor should rightly make a viewer want to scream.