Tech News – October 17th 2012
Tech news – October 17th 2012
- Pirate Bay Moves to The Cloud, Becomes Raid-Proof | TorrentFreak –
- ErnestoThe Pirate Bay is loved by millions of file-sharers but is also a thorn in the side of the entertainment industries.
The latter group continues to push authorities to take action against the site. The Pirate Bay was raided back in 2006 and there are rumors that the police might try again in the near future.
The Pirate Bay is not oblivious to this looming threat. They have backups in place and are shielding the true location of their servers. Nevertheless, should the site lose all its servers it… show all text
- Mind The Binder – Talking Politics –
- David S. BernsteinHey, I know about that binder! And guess what — Mitt Romney was lying about it.
From the rush transcript:
CROWLEY: Governor Romney, pay equity for women?
ROMNEY: Thank you. An important topic, and one which I learned a great deal about, particularly as I was serving as governor of my state, because I had the chance to pull together a cabinet and all the applicants seemed to be men.
And I — and I went to my staff, and I said, "How come all the people for these jobs are — are all men." They s… show all text
- Welcome to GOV.UK –
- Dignity | Global Dignity –
- Live fact checks and analysis – Politics – The Boston Globe –
The Globe is providing real-time fact checks and analysis during tonight’s presidential debate. The debate starts at 9 p.m. in Hempstead, N.Y., and is the second of three presidential debates for the 2012 election.
- RomneyCrowleyfactcheck –
- Breaking News Headlines: Business, Entertainment & World News – CBS News –
- Live-Blogging The "Strangers With Candy" Debate – The Dish | By Andrew Sullivan – The Daily Beast –
- Andrew Sullivan10.40 pm. To my mind, Obama dominated Romney tonight in every single way: in substance, manner, style, and personal appeal. He came back like a lethal, but restrained predator. He was able to defend his own record, think swiftly on his feet, and his Benghazi answer was superb. He behaved like a president. He owned the presidency. And Romney? Well, he has no answers on the math question and was exposed. He was vulnerable on every social issue, especially immigration. And he had no real answer to… show all text
- Binders Full Of Women –
- For all the details on Mitt Romney’s 5 trillion dollar tax plan visit ROMNEYTAXPLAN.COM –
I found a site with all the details on Mitt Romney's $5 trillion tax plan. It's as simple as clicking a button.
- Verizon draws fire for monitoring app usage, browsing habits | Politics and Law – CNET News –
- Declan McCullagh"We're able to view just everything that they do," Verizon Wireless exec has boasted. Privacy groups say initiative — including linking databases showing whether customers own pets — may violate wiretap law.
- CNN to Interview Reddit’s ViolentAcrez: A Troll Comes Out from Under the Bridge – NYTimes.com –
- By DAVID CARRViolentacrez, the moderator of several highly controversial forums on Reddit, was outed on Gawker and fired from his job, and he will now sit for an interview with CNN.
- Twitter / RedBullStratos: "Thanks for being a part of … –
Instantly connect to what's most important to you. Follow your friends, experts, favorite celebrities, and breaking news.
- Cabana » Blog –
- Apple Sends Press Invites for iPad Mini Event –
Following months of speculation and rumors, Apple released on Wednesday press invitations for its next big launch: the iPad Mini.
- A Former Tech Executive Explains The Burdens Of Being Rich – Business Insider –
- Alyson ShontellWe once asked billionaire Mark Cuban:
"What's the best part about being fabulously rich? And what's the worst?"
He replied: "Everything" and "Nothing."
That's the response most people would expect. But an anonymous user on Quora, who claims to have made $20 million+ from a multi-billion-dollar tech IPO, doesn't agree. Getting rich is "really a burden," this person says.
Here are four reasons the millionaire — who made the fortune in his/her mid-30's — says extreme wealth can be problematic:
… show all text
- This May Be The Best Response To A Facebook Rant — Period. –
After a comedic rant on Bodyform Maxi Pads’ Facebook page went viral on Oct. 8, the sanitary napkins company has responded with a YouTube video.