Tech News – September 12th 2012
Tech news – September 12th 2012
- Apple Launches iPhone 5 [LIVE BLOG] –
- Live from Apple’s iPhone 5 event! – The Verge –
- Live blog: Apple iPhone 5 event starts at 10 a.m. PT — Tech News and Analysis –
- Erica OggUnless you’ve been living under a rock — or avoiding the internet the last few weeks — you know what’s happening today: Apple’s iPhone event. Just a few hours from now we’re going to be kicking off our coverage of Apple’s press event to be held here at Yerba Buena Center for the Arts in San Francisco. Om Malik and I will be providing up-to-the-minute coverage as CEO Tim Cook and other Apple executives take the stage to introduce us to what in all likelihood will be Apple’s latest smartphone.
Ju… show all text
- Apple September 2012 event: "It’s almost here" –
- Apple iPhone 5, iTunes 11, and new iPod event Liveblog | 9to5Mac –
Oh, there is an Apple event today? Well check back here before 1PM ET as we’ll be covering it live. Until then, get a preview by heading south – we’ve got just about everything covere…
- Libya Attack Brings Challenges for U.S. –
- By PETER BAKER, DAVID D. KIRKPATRICK and ALAN COWELLAmbassador Christopher Stevens was killed along with three of his staff members in an attack on the consulate in Benghazi Tuesday night. It was the first death of an American envoy abroad in more than two decades.
- iPhone 5 Brings Size and Speed – Ina Fried – Mobile – AllThingsD –
- Ina FriedIt’s that time again. The kids are heading back to school. The leaves are beginning to change colors. And Apple is ready to unveil the next iPhone.
While not all is known about this next iPhone, a few details seem all but assured, including a larger screen, new dock connector and support for faster LTE cellular networks. Apple has also shown off iOS 6 — the new software that will power the new phone. Among its features are improvements to Siri, Apple-created mapping software and integration w… show all text
- CNET’s Apple event live blog (Wednesday, September 12) | CNET –
- Apple’s iPhone 5 Announcement: By The Numbers –
- Todd WassermanFor Apple, stats are sort of the the appetizer to the entree that is a new product announcement. In typical fashion, Apple CEO Tim Cook set the table with a few mouth-watering data points before seguing into the meat of the matter. Among the highlights:
Some 83 million people visited Apple Stores last quarter. The company sold 17 million iPads in the quarter. Mac sales have experienced 15% year-over-year growth vs. 2% for PCs. Apple has sold 84 million iPads in total through June 2012. The iPad… show all text
- Live iPhone 5 launch coverage – gdgt live –
- Apple’s next-generation iPhone liveblog! — Engadget –
We still don't know exactly what they're going to call it ('new,' 4G, 5, 6…?) but the banner above may be a big
- Apple Has Sold Over 400 Million iOS Devices: 9.5% Growth Since March | TechCrunch –
Last March at WWDC, Apple announced that it had sold over 365 million iOS devices globally since March 2012. Today, however, the company has taken that number to 400 million since June. Siri tells me that's an increase of 35 million, 9.5 percent growth.
- Apple Officially Reveals The iPhone 5: LTE, 4-Inch Retina Display, New A6 Chip, Lighter Than iPhone 4S | TechCrunch –
And just like that, months and months of breathless speculation have finally come to an end. Apple’s Phil Schiller has just officially announced the new iPhone 5 at the company’s massive press event here in San Francisco, less than a year since its predecessor was unveiled.Some of the news won’t come as much of a shock considering the sheer volume of rumors and leaks lately (even Apple let some details slip earlier today) — I’m going to resist the temptation to pontificate on every new feature…
- Updates From the Apple iPhone 5 Event – NYTimes.com –
- By JENNA WORTHAMTimothy D. Cook, the chief executive of Apple, took the stage on Wednesday at the Yerba Buena Center for the Arts in San Francisco to unveil the company's highly anticipated, next-generation iPhone, the iPhone 5. Here are live updates from the event.
- Apple accidentally outs iPhone 5 name, LTE support, and new iPods | Apple – CNET News –
The technology giant can't catch a break: for the most-leaked iPhone to date, Apple today delivered the nail in the leaky coffin. Read this blog post by Zack Whittaker on Apple.
- Home | TWiT.TV –
- �redirecting� –
- Pentagon to review video of Libya attack – This Just In – CNN.com Blogs –
- Mallory Simon, CNN News blog editorEditor's Note: Ambassador J. Christopher Stevens and three others were killed at the U.S. Consulate in Benghazi. This story is continuing to develop. Follow along below for our continued coverage of the attacks, reaction and what impact it will have. For coverage in Arabic, please visit CNN Arabic.
[Updated at 5:36 p.m. ET] U.S. Sen. John McCain, R-Arizona, referring to last year's revolt of Libyans against Moammar Gadhafi, said on the Senate floor Wednesday that Libyans "rose up last year to f… show all text
- Beta is over at Geeklist and Job Postings are live –
- Amazon, Forced to Collect a Tax, Is Adding Roots –
- By DAVID STREITFELDBy building warehouses across the country, the retailer hopes to cut as much as a day off its two-day shipping times.
- Building a Home Online to Suit Electronic Music –
- By BEN SISARIOA new company, DJZ, plans to introduce an online hub that will aggregate news about electronic dance music and celebrate top D.J.’s as cultural heroes.
- BBC News – Viewpoint: Apple’s iPhone launches no longer excite –
- Official Google Blog: Introducing a new YouTube app for your iPhone and iPod touch –
- A GooglerFor all you diehard YouTube fans out there who can’t get enough YouTube on your mobile, we’ve got some great news: starting today, you can download the official YouTube app for iPhone and iPod touch from the App Store, bringing you more of the videos you love and more ways to share them with the people you care about. The new app is built by YouTube engineers, to give our iPhone and iPod touch users the best mobile experience. Here’s what you’ll find: Tens of thousands more videos: Watch offi… show all text
- TNW at IBC: Telestream on Live-streaming Video for Everyone –
TNW has been live streaming from the International Broadcasting Convention (IBC) in Amsterdam. For broadcasting technology it is one of the biggest events on the calendar where the companies behind the TV, Radio and Web streams we like to watch and listen to, showcase their wares.
- Coca-Cola Is #1 Brand In Social Media Impressions | The Realtime Report –
Coca-Cola accounted for nearly 14% of the 10.6 billion impressions generated by the top 100 consumer brands, according to a new monthly report tracking …
- The Final Seven Disrupt SF Startups: Expect Labs, Gyft, Lit Motors, Prior Knowledge, Saya, YourMechanic And Zumper | TechCrunch –
- Eric Eldon and Alexia TsotsisThis year’s TechCrunch Disrupt San Francisco has been the biggest yet. Nearly 3,000 people poured in to watch a wonderful keynote by top product CEO Jack Dorsey, talks with legends like Reid Hoffman and Ben Horowitz, and they were standing in the aisles during Michael Arrington’s historic post-IPO interview with Facebook’s Mark Zuckerberg today.
Tomorrow, we end on a high note with the Startup Battlefield grand finale….
But before that, in addition to a panel on all things Apple with some of the show all text