Tech News – July 2nd 2012 to July 7th 2012
Tech news – July 2nd 2012 to July 7th 2012:
- Addvocate: Salesforce’s Former Head Of Social Marcus Nelson Preps A New Social Enterprise Startup | TechCrunch-
- Anthony HaMarcus Nelson, co-founder of customer service startup UserVoice, left his role as head of social media at Salesforce.com back in April to start a company called Addvocate — and now he’s starting to talk about what he’s up to.
When I met with Nelson yesterday, he gave me a quick demo of the initial product (currently in private alpha testing) and talked about his broader vision. He says the idea came from his work at Salesforce, where convincing his coworkers to share content on Facebook, Twitte… show all text
- “MG Siegler can’t be trusted.” by MG Siegler-
Do you want an overview of the current state of the tech blogosphere? Click the link above.
I mean, that’s seriously a story. A full story. On a site that purports to report about technology. (And congratulations: your click will undoubtedly lead to other stories just like it!)
Pretty much the only accurate thing that author Adrianne Jeffries wrote was the part about me being on vacation in Paris. That’s true. Confirmed. And yet, here I am writing this post. Why? Because it’s 12:30 in the morni… show all text
- From Twitter – http://t.co/TGXLp8My Cloudfogger really changed how their encryption works with Windows. Much easier.
- Wtf? I think a yacht blew up #coronado @nicolettelacson-
- Sheriff Confirms Andy Griffith Has Died-
Former UNC President Bill Friday says Andy Griffith died this morning in Dare County. Friday, who is a close friend of the actor, confirmed that to WITN News. The Dare County Sheriff has also confirmed the actor’s death to WITN.
- Upgrade to Windows 8 Pro for $39.99-
- Brandon LeBlancWe set out to make it as easy as possible for everyone to upgrade to Windows 8. Starting at general availability, if your PC is running Windows XP, Windows Vista, or Windows 7 you will qualify to download an upgrade to Windows 8 Pro for just $39.99 in 131 markets. And if you want, you can add Windows Media Center for free through the “add features” option within Windows 8 Pro after your upgrade.
When you use Windows.com to purchase an upgrade to Windows 8 Pro, the Windows 8 Upgrade Assistant ma… show all text
- What Twitter could have been by Dalton Caldwell-
I remember when you could go to Twitter.com and see the global firehose on the front page. They had no traffic. The global feed was mostly employees and their friends talking to each other.
When Twitter started to get traction, a year or two into their existence, I decided that Twitter was the Best Thing Ever. I realized that Twitter, because of their API, actually was a real-time protocol to connect various services in a novel way. I had debates with my other tech-nerd friends about whether Tw… show all text
- From Twitter – Windows 8 PCs running XP, Vista, or 7 will qualify to download an upgrade to Windows 8 Pro for just $39.99 http://t.co/V5m8zm6F