Tech News – June 26th 2012 to June 30th 2012
Tech news – June 26th 2012 to June 30th 2012:
- Twitter Drops LinkedIn Partnership-
- Kate FreemanUPDATELinkedIn announced via a blog post on Friday that Twitter would no longer be partnering with the business-networking site to sync updates from one site to the other.
This ends a partnership that began in 2009. LinkedIn users can still create updates on the site and click a button to share to Twitter as well, but the the reverse is no longer possible.
The LinkedIn post by Ryan Roslansky, head of content products at LinkedIn, pointed to Twitter’s own Friday blog post about “delivering a con… show all text
- Twitter’s Mobile Ads Begin to Click – WSJ.com-
Twitter is showing early signs of success selling advertising on mobile devices, an area that is bedeviling Internet companies including Facebook and Google.
- Instagram Launches Sexy New “Photo Page”-
- Google vs everyone: an epic war on many fronts — Tech News and Analysis-
Google celebrated day one of Google I/O 2012 conference with a slew of new products and more announcements. Stand back a little and you start to see a company has pitch battles on its hand on many fronts, despite being strong on search, advertising and android.
- News Corp.’s Board Approves Split in Principle – WSJ.com-
News Corp.’s board approved a plan to split the media conglomerate in two pieces, separating its lucrative entertainment operations from its publishing business, said a person familiar with the situation.
- From Twitter – Siri v Google Search Jelly Bean http://t.co/YcM8BJTM http://t.co/1JZyuhCP
- Live From the Google I/O Keynote [LIVE BLOG]-
- Lance UlanoffGoogle I/O, Google’s eagerly anticipated developer conference in San Francisco kicks off with a closely watched keynote this afternoon. During this event, Google typically sets the tone for the next 12 months of product innovation, where new platforms emerge and where existing ones get major overhauls.
This time, Google will likely unveil some new, possibly home-grown Nexus tablet hardware to help drive Android to greater slate success. We also expect Google to give us all the details on the ne… show all text
- the recruiter honeypot | Elaine Wherry-
The Recruiting Crisis
- Writer and Filmmaker With a Genius for Humor-
- By CHARLES McGRATH
- News Corp. Considers Splitting Company Into Two, Spinning Off Publishing – WSJ.com-
News Corp. is considering splitting into two companies, separating its publishing assets from its entertainment businesses, say people familiar with the situation. A final decision on the split hasn’t been made.