Tech News – March 31st 2012 to April 2nd 2012
Tech news – March 31st 2012 to April 2nd 2012:
- How Buzzfeed’s Newest Blogger, ‘Copyranter,’ Threatened To Assault Me On His First Day At Work-
- Jim EdwardsI was delighted to learn today that Copyranter, a closely followed and extremely funny blogger about advertising, got a new job with Buzzfeed, the social-media content play of Jonah Peretti. I was less thrilled when, after quoting the official announcement of the move on B.I. Advertising, he threatened to punch my lights out.
After reading my take on his new job, Copyranter (real name Mark Duffy, pictured) wrote me a direct message on Twitter:
You best hope we never meet. I’ve played hockey sin… show all text
- Pinterest co-founder Paul Sciarra said to be leaving company | VentureBeat-
- Jennifer Van GroveIs there trouble in Pinterest paradise?
Paul Sciarra (pictured, left), co-founder of digital pin-board sensation Pinterest, is said to be on his way out the door. Sciarra will be leaving the company as soon as next week, according to a report from Startup Grind, which said it confirmed the departure with several company insiders.
Pinterest, first launched in 2010, came out of Cold Brew Labs, a product shop started by Sciarra and college pal Ben Silbermann. The one-time experimental project has … show all text
- Autism Prevalence Rises to 1 in 88 | Science News | Autism Speaks-
Autism Speaks is dedicated to increasing awareness of autism spectrum disorders, to funding research into the causes, prevention and treatments for autism, and to advocating for the needs of individuals with autism and their families.
- Bloomberg and Reuters: The Future of News | Adweek-
There’s no mistaking where Andy Lack feels Bloomberg LP is positioned versus its competitors. “We may be the last man standing,” says Lack, who oversees the news organization’s multimedia operations.
- The Newsroom Season 1: “Changed Man” Trailer-
- Conan O’Brien ‘Resigns’ as Mashable CEO-
- Conan O’BrienConan O’Brien has learned that, due to an unfortunate misunderstanding, he did not buy Mashable and oust CEO Pete Cashmore. Instead, he purchased a Mash TV fan site. He regrets the error and is returning Mashable to Pete Cashmore’s control.
More About: conan o’brien
For more Social Media coverage:
Follow Mashable Social Media on Twitter
Become a Fan on Facebook
Subscribe to the Social Media channel
Download our free apps for Android, Mac, iPhone and iPad
- Ashton Kutcher to play Steve Jobs – Entertainment News, EXCLUSIVE, Media – Variety-
The King of Twitter is now the King of Apple, as “Two and a Half Men” star Ashton Kutcher is attached to play Steve Jobs in the indie pic “Jobs,” which Joshua Michael Stern (“Swing Vote”) will direct from a script by Matt Whiteley.. EXCLUSIVE from the entertainment source: Variety. Ashton Kutcher to play Steve Jobs.
- Police Are Using Phone Tracking as a Routine Tool-
- By ERIC LICHTBLAULaw enforcement tracking of cellphones is a convenient surveillance tool in many situations, but it is unclear if using such technology without a warrant violates the Constitution.
- OMGPOP CEO tweets that only employee not to transition to Zynga was the “weakest” one | VentureBeat-
Last week, GamesBeat reported that Shay Pierce was the only OMGPOP employee to decline a position with Zynga after it bought the Draw Something developer.
- Conan O’Brien Buys Mashable, Ousts Pete Cashmore as CEO-
- Conan O’BrienHello, fellow Mashables. It’s Conan O’Brien, and I’ve got big news. Two hours ago, I purchased Mashable.com. I’ve taken it over. Why did I take it over? Very simple reason.
I’m sick and tired of scanning the Internet looking for any news about technology: Devices, gadgets, what’s coming up, maybe even a rating system for gadgets that are out there. It doesn’t exist on the web and it’s high time it did.
I go to the Mashable see the atrocious job they’re doing. So I decided it’s time for me to ta… show all text
- Google Maps 8-bit for NES-