New and notable for July 7th 2011 through July 9th 2011
What I’m reading and finding for July 7th 2011 through July 9th 2011:
- Solving The Scoble Problem In Social Networks-
- Rocky AgrawalEditor’s note: Guest writer Rocky Agrawal blogs at reDesign and Tweets @rakeshlobster.
I finally blocked Robert Scoble in Google+. I have absolutely nothing against Scoble. I quite admire him, actually. He’s a great asset to the startup scene and he works damn hard. I’ve met him a few times and I’m sure we’ll meet again. But he was just getting to be way too much.
My Google+ feed was dominated by him. I tried to take a half-step and just remove Scoble from my circles. But then he became Google… show all text
- Flickr: Robert Scoble’s Photostream-
- From Twitter – http://tinyurl.com/3knlqkw Windows Home Server 2011 (WHS2011) for $55 shipped
- This 45-Mile ‘Wi-Fi’ Could Connect a Smarter Power Grid – A startup’s wireless technology sends low-bandwidth signals over long distances, even underground.
- Facebook & its double standard on sharing — Tech News and Analysis-
- Om MalikMark Zuckerberg announced the Skype-Facebook collaboration yesterday and showed off a great product built by the Skype team. As he talked about the world, he amplified his long held belief that people love to share and sharing on Facebook will only keep growing. He’s held that belief for a long time and talked about it first in 2008. Yesterday, he equated what is being dubbed as Zuckerberg’s Law to Moore’s Law. It makes perfect marketing sense that he would do that.
For me, data is the plastic … show all text
- Google Maps for Android gains downloadable maps – Google updated its Maps for Android software Wednesday, bringing a new feature for those who take public transportation, as well as some additional functions for everyone. Stop-by-stop Transit Navigation directions are now available for more than 400 cities around the globe.
- NASA Television, Ustream.TV: NASA Television Watch the Main Feed for NASA Television Here If you are watching from a mobile device or slower connec…-