New and notable for July 2nd 2011 through July 4th 2011
What I’m reading and finding for July 2nd 2011 through July 4th 2011:
- Google Plus Nick – Get a short url to your Google profile.
- From Twitter – RT @loic Twitter drops following requirement for DMs on Verified Accounts http://ping.fm/E4dCe
- Sheryl Sandberg & Male-Dominated Silicon Valley : The New Yorker –
- Ken AulettaIn 2007, the founder of Facebook, Mark Zuckerberg, knew that he needed help. His social-network site was growing fast, but, at the age of twenty-three, he felt ill-equipped to run it. That December, he went to a Christmas party at the home of Dan Rosensweig, a Silicon . . .
- From Twitter – RT @nrek Post How To Abandon Flickr for Picasa http://bit.ly/kNlSTV
- The Google Plus 50 –
- cebIf you’re curious about Google+, the new social network platform from Google, you’re not alone. I’ve logged several hours already on the platform, experimenting, testing, and observing. It sparks my attention from several angles: marketing, technology, community, media, mobile, advertising, and more. To that end, I wrote down 50 things to think about with regards to Google+, in no particular order:
The purpose of this list is to get you thinking about a bunch of different possibilities. You’re … show all text
- How to turn Google+ into an online photography portfolio –
- A preview of Gmail’s new look – Official Gmail Blog –
- The Gmail TeamPosted by Jason Cornwell, User Experience Designer We get a lot of great feedback about how Gmail helps you be more efficient, keep in touch with family and friends, and get work done. We’ve saved you from forgetting attachments and made sure that you got the right Bob. Over the years, adding countless features to Gmail has made it an increasingly powerful communication hub, but along the way the interface has also become more cluttered and complex. That’s one of the reasons we’re embarking on show all text