New and notable for June 21st 2011 through June 22nd 2011
What I’m reading and finding for June 21st 2011 through June 22nd 2011:
- PopCap Games To Be Acquired For $1 Billion+ -
- Jason KincaidHuge news in the gaming world: PopCap Games, the company behind such hits as Plants vs Zombies and Bejeweled, is in the process of being acquired — and we’re hearing from multiple sources that the price is over $1 billion.
The question now is who the buyer is. The obvious possibility is Zynga, which has made a string of game-related acquisitions over the last year. But we’re hearing they’re out. Our sources say that Zynga did indeed kick the tires hard on a potential acquisition, but it looks l… show all text
- My Life as an Undocumented Immigrant -
- By JOSE ANTONIO VARGASA reporter talks about his illegal American dream.
- From Twitter – RT @latimestech Yahoo looks into buying Hulu, but is Hulu for sale? http://lat.ms/isVgRo
- Start-Up Lytro Aims to Sharpen Focus of Entire Camera Industry – A Mountain View start-up is promising that its camera, due later this year, will bring the biggest change to photography since the transition from film to digital.
- Upending Anonymity, These Days the Web Unmasks Everyone -
- By BRIAN STELTERPervasive social media services, cheap cellphone cameras, free photo and video Web hosts have made privacy all but a thing of the past.
- From Twitter – Wasn’t aware of Apps Script. Cool RT @newsycombinator Building UI in Google Apps Script just got a whole lot easier http://j.mp/j9zjNF
- From Twitter – RT @Techmeme Flickr now Supports OAuth 1.0a (@jfanaian/ Code) http://j.mp/mqzu57