Web curation for October 7th 2010 through October 8th 2010
Filtering the web so you don’t have to for October 7th 2010 through October 8th 2010:
- MySpace Unveils New, Artsy Logo –
If you’ve been following the news lately, you’ve probably realized that logo redesigns are a kind of a big deal. Today at the Warm Gun design conference in San Francisco, butt of too many design/user experince jokes to mention social networking site MySpace unveils their new logo which is, get this, the word “my” in Helvetica and then a symbol delineating a space.
MySpace VP of User Experience Mike Macadaan explains the philosophy behind it, “MySpace is a.. show all text
- USGS Release: 3 to 4.3 Billion Barrels of Technically Recoverable Oil Assessed in North Dakota and Montana’s Bakken Formation—25 Times More Than 1995 Estimate – North Dakota and Montana have an estimated 3.0 to 4.3 billion barrels of undiscovered, technically recoverable oil in an area known as the Bakken Formation. via @studerjeon Twitter
- From Twitter – Getting Approval Before Recording #video http://bit.ly/cERRBT via @visiblegains@dmscott@stevegarfield
- Costco – $799.99 after $200 OFF Shelf Reliance THRIVE™ 1-year Supply Dehydrated & Freeze-Dried Food –
- From Twitter – "@Lifehacker Firefox Mobile Beta Now Available for Android and Maemo http://bit.ly/dvkVgD"